Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ear Infection

The following blog post was written on the evening of the 14th July. Due to technological restrictions it was posted at a later date. Pictures will be posted even later...sorry!

I have an ear infection. Yes, it hurts. Yes, it is annoying. However, I’ve had enough ear infections to know that it is an ear infection…but I was nervous about it getting worse because of the cold weather.

Here in Lesotho I did not need to see a doctor, but could simply go to the pharmacy to purchase an antibiotic. The pharmacist didn’t think that I would actually buy the medicine that I asked for once I told him the price, since it was expensive. I bought it anyway-it was 175R…which is about $22.00, without insurance. Can you imagine? It would have been more at home when using my insurance!

No comments: