Saturday, July 5, 2008

Food





The following blog post was written on the evening of 3 July 2008. Due to technological restrictions itwas posted at a later date.

On the way to Lesotho we stopped at a rest stop for lunch. In the store I snapped a few pictures of some of the food items which I thought were most interesting. There is an incredible selection of candy bars in South Africa, which is great for a candy lover like me! Also, instead of simply having beef jerky they have a wide range of animal jerky….and, since South Africans like their meat so much, check out the beef flavored potato chips!

The Johannesburg restaurants were excellent, I cannot determine which meal was my favorite. The night of the Euro Cup (soccer) final Allison, Dick and I went to the Ocean Basket together since we wanted to watch the game and the others were going to Mellville. Dick was nice enough to let me try one of his prawns, which was incredible! I think I will have to do the kingpin (fish) and prawn combo when we are back in J’burg.

Here is Lesotho, the Trading Post in Roma provides us with the very best home cooked meals. We have a vegetarian soup every night as well as a vegetable with the meal, which has been wonderful the two nights we have been here. The women that work at the Trading Post are also wonderful, playing for us their favorite music while we eat and making us feel at home.

No comments: