Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hike in Roma








The following blog post was written on the evening of 5 July. Due to technological restrictions it was posted at a later date.

Today we saw some more dinosaur footprints…only these were much easier to get to! In fact, we left from the Trading Post (our home in Lesotho) and we quickly doubled (or tripled) in size due to the addition of many children who walked with us. The children were all eager to try their English, much of which is very good. At the top of the hike we were again amazed by the incredible natural beauty that seems to be common in Lesotho. We I said “Lesotho is beautiful” to a young girl she nodded very seriously and said, “Yes, I know.” There seems to be a pride in the country that I cannot say is typical in other places I have visited.

By the time we returned to the Trading Post many of us had made good friends with the children. We played hand games, a little melon-kicking soccer, some hocky-pookey, and many of us had our hair done.

I think that we all look forward to spending more time with the children as the trip progresses.

I also wish I had brought a soccer ball with me, the one they are using is holding on-but I am not sure how much longer it will last.

No comments: