Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Last night at the Trading Post




The following blog post was written on the evening of the 21st July. Due to technological restrictions it was posted at a later date.

Last night was our last at the Trading Post and I am a little sad to see our time there end. The people who own the Trading Post, Jenny and Ashley Thorn, along with their amazing staff made sure we had an unforgettable time. It really began to feel like home.

Although, I am not sure that Eric is going to like how spoiled I got while there-having somebody clean my room, make my meals, and wash/dry my clothing…it was hard to get used to having people do everything for me and it will be hard getting used to doing it for myself again. Overall, every one at the Trading Post made sure that we were as comfortable as possible.

It was also hard to say good-bye to the children outside the Trading Post. It was outside the front gate with the children that we spent most of our evenings. We played soccer, told stories, taught sign language, saw their homes, and laughed for hours.

I am extremely glad that this program gave me the opportunity to spend some much time at the Trading Post in Roma, Lesotho.

No comments: