Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thoughts on Leaving

The following blog post was written on the evening of the 6th of August while in Cape Town!

I cannot believe that I have such a short time left in South Africa! I have had such an unbelievable experience and I cannot believe that it is almost over. It seemed like forever since I have been in the US, but I know that it has only been 7 weeks. Time is strange sometimes, huh, the days are slow but the weeks fly by.

I am excited to see my parents, I am going to try to get to Minneapolis before school starts up. I hope to see my grandparents, too. I also am excited to see Eric, who moved all my belonging from Columbus to Chicago without me while I was here.

I don't think that I will be able to truly express all that this trip has given me until I have more time to process it. I do know that going home will provide a bigger culture shock than other trips I've been on and I am nervous about the adjustment period....but I am a little excited to be able to walk around (skate around) by myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been really cool reading about your experiences.

I'm glad you had a wonderful, fulfilling time. CSG is going to miss an awesome teacher though.

Good luck in your future adventures!

Margaret Cooley
(Ashley's mom)