Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cape Town Morning

The following blog post was written on the evening of the 6th of August while in Cape Town!

This morning I woke up very early again, I guess that my schedule here is now firmly established and I have become a morning person. I was antsy to get started for the day-but the fact that nothing was open yet and my co-travelers were still sleeping made me stay in bed reading a while.

Then, Steven and I walk to Green Market Square for the street market, which turned out to be fantastic. The square is located between several old, English styled buildings on a cobbled surface.

I ended up finding a few more treasures for my family and friends at home, as well as a beautiful table cloth that I am going to make into a blanket. It has the most amazing colors in it and will look lovely with me in Chicago.

No comments: