Saturday, August 2, 2008

East London



The following blog post was written on the afternoon of the 31st July.

Upon arrival we met by Linda, who is a friend of Jill’s friend from MSU. Linda has been preparing the opening of her new bed and breakfast and we are her first guests this evening (and she is letting us stay for free!). The place is fantastic and I highly recommend staying here-I promise to post more information about the location and how to contact her soon. The bedding is lovely, the bathrooms are sparkling, the room is cozy, and the snacks are delicious. Overall, I am very excited about staying here tonight.

After getting settled we went out to dinner with Jill’s friends from MSU at a restaurant that had a terrace over the crashing waves-it was quite lovely. The food was wonderful and I must admit that as I sit here the “toughness” of the drive is definitely behind me: I am warm, well fed, and very happy.

No comments: