Thursday, August 7, 2008

Long Street

The following blog post was written on the afternoon of the 7th of August while in Cape Town!

Cape Town is known for having great places to eat! Many of the restaurants, bars and nightclubs in Cape Town are located around Long Street. Our first day here we stumbled, very hungry, into a place called the Clay Oven. The Clay Oven is a pizza place that was advertising 29R nahcos, which turned out to have fantastic homemade salsa and guac on them.

We also went to a place called Royale Eatery the second night, which was supposed to have the best ostrich burger (called the Big Bird), but they were all out-so I had a Hawaiian burger instead (beef with pineapple and some yummy sauce on it). It was the first beef hamburger I’ve had in, well, I cannot remember how many years and if they taste as good at home I am considering eating them more often.

Tonight we are headed out to Long Street again, although I am not sure where we are going to end up eating. We are meeting this kid named Justin that we met on the top of Table Mountain (he is from California and traveling by himself for a few more weeks). It is my last night in South Africa and I am I am pretty much packed up so I should be able to relax and have a good time tonight.

1 comment:

gigi126 said...

You ate MEAT?!?!?!?!?!

I am so confused? I actually need to sit for a bit.